Content in this Page
CS Course Details
Before joining in Company Secretary (CS) Course, you should know the following CS Course Details.
- Steps & Stages in the Course
- Eligibility & Qualification
- Age Limit
- Registration Process
- Registration Fee
- Application Due Date
- Online Application Forms
- Course Subjects & Syllabus
- Study Materials
- Practical Training
Stages to become a Company Secretary (कंपनी सेक्रेटरी)
The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 pass or equivalent has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries (कंपनी सेक्रेटरी) Course i.e.
The Student who would like to join the Course after passing the Graduation has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
- CS Executive Programme
- CS Professional Programme
ADMISSION TO THE CS COURSE
FAQ : how to get admission for CS Course and tell me CS Course Admission Details
ADMISSION TO THE CS COURSE is open throughout the year.
CS Examinations are held twice a year in June & December.
Students have to register online at www.icsi.edu
Cut off dates for admission to CS course :
|For CS Foundation Programme||31st March for appearing in December Examination in the same year|
|30th September for June Examination next year|
|For CS Executive Programme||28th February for appearing in both modules in December Exams in the same year|
|31st May for appearing in single module in December Examination in the same year|
|31st August for appearing in both modules in June Exam in the next year|
|30th November for appearing in single module in June Examination in the next year.|
Subjects in Course
CS Foundation Program
- Business Environment and Law
- Business Management, Ethics & Entrepreneurship
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
CS Executive Program
- Jurisprudence, Interpretation & General Laws
- Company Law
- Setting up of Business Entities and Closure
- Tax Laws
Module – 2
- Corporate & Management Accounting
- Securities Laws & Capital Markets
- Economic, Business and Commercial Laws
- Financial and Strategic Management
CS Professional Program
- Governance, Risk Management, Compliances and Ethics
- Advanced Tax Laws
- Drafting, Pleadings and Appearances
Module – 2
- Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence
- Corporate Restructuring, Insolvency, Liquidation & Winding-up
- Resolution of Corporate Disputes, NonCompliances & Remedies
Module – 3
- Corporate Funding & Listings in Stock Exchanges
- Multidisciplinary Case Studies (The examination for this paper will be open book examination)
9. Electives 1 paper out of below 8 papers
9.1 Banking – Law & Practice
9.2 Insurance – Law & Practice
9.3 Intellectual Property Rights – Laws and Practices
9.4 Forensic Audit
9.5 Direct Tax Law & Practice
9.6 Labour Laws & Practice
9.7 Valuations & Business Modelling
9.8 Insolvency – Law and Practice (The examination for elective paper will be open book examination)
Registration Fee for CS Course
|CS Foundation Programme||Total= Rs.5100/- (Rs.4500/ + Rs.600/ E-learning Fee)|
|CS Executive Programme||Total= Rs.13,500/- (Rs.12,500/ + Rs.1000/ Pre-Examination Test Fee) for CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA|
|Total= Rs.11,000/- (Rs.10,000/ + Rs.1000/ Pre-Examination Test Fee) for Non Commerce Students|
|Total= Rs.10,000/- (Rs.9,000/ + Rs.1000/ Pre-Examination Test Fee) for Commerce Graduates Students|
|Total= Rs.9,500/- (Rs.8,500/ + Rs.1000/ Pre-Examination Test Fee) for CS Foundation passed students|
|CS Professional Programme||Total= Rs.13,000/- (Rs.12,000/ + Rs.1000/ Pre-Examination Test Fee)|
Examination Fee for CS Course
CS Foundation / Executive / Professional Examination is conducted twice a year in June and December
- Foundation Programme – Rs. 1200/-
- Executive Programme – Rs. 1200/- per Module
- Professional Programme –Rs. 1200/- per Module
Last date for submission of application for appearing in the examination
- 25th March (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 9th April)
- 25th September (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 10th October)
Medium of Examination
The Institute allows facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi. (Except Business Communication subject of Foundation Program)
Qualifying Marks – CS Foundation, Executive, Professional
A candidate is declared to have passed the Foundation / Executive / Professional examination, if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
Time limit for completing CS Examination
A student is required to complete the Executive and the Professional examination within the registration period. However, on payment of requisite fees the validity of registration may be renewed / extended for further period subject to fulfilling the applicable guidelines.
Existing Practical experience and training requirements
The students are required to undergo the following trainings:
- 7 days Student Induction Programme (SIP)- within six months of Registration to Executive Programme or exempted therefrom for becoming eligible to seek enrolment to appear in Executive Program Examination.
- 70 hours compulsory computer training program- for becoming eligible to seek enrolment to appear in Executive Program Examination.
- 8 days Executive Development Programme (EDP) – after passing the Executive Programme and before commencement of 15 months training.
- 25 hours of Professional Development Programme (PDP) during 15 months training
- 15 months training after passing the Executive Programme or Professional Programme on completion of Student Induction Program and Executive Development Program with companies and Company Secretaries in Practice registered with the Institute for imparting training
- 3 months practical training is required to be undergone by the student if the student completes professional program examination and exempted from undergoing at least 12 months training on the basis of Company Secretaries Regulations,1982, as amended on submitting the documents to the Institute and fulfills the requirement of Regulation 48. This training will be exempted to the students who have undergone 15 months training.
- 15 days training in a specialized agency such as Registrar of Companies (ROC) / Stock Exchange / Financial and Banking Institution/Management Consultancy Firm can only be commenced if the student completes SIP,EDP , 15 months training and having passed professional program examination.
- 15 days Management Skills Orientation Programme (MSOP)- after Professional Programme and on completion of Executive Development Program and 15 months training
- The students can be exempted from undergoing training totally or partially depending on the practical experience possessed by them on fulfilling the requirement of the Company Secretaries Regulations,1982, as amended, on submitting the relevant documents.
- A student after passing the Professional Programme may enroll as Licentiate ICSI at his/her option until completion of training requirements.
Final Stage : CS MEMBERSHIP
After qualifying the CS Professional Programme and on completion of training as provided under the CS Regulations, a candidate is enrolled as an Associate Member of the Institute and he can use the descriptive title ACS” after his / her name.
Further Academic Pursuits
- The CS course is recognised by the various Universities for admission to Ph.D Course.
- Utilisation of services of members by various professional/educational bodies for academic activities
- ICSI conducts Post Membership Qualification (PMQ) Course in Corporate Governance.
The Headquarters and Regional Offices offer placement services to the Members of the Institute:
- Names of candidates are sponsored to prospective employers on request
- Members looking for job may register online on the Institutes Website: www.icsi.edu for availing Placement assistance.
- Vacancies received from companies are also displayed on the website www.icsi.edu
- Campus Interviews are conducted to assist members for job and students for 15 months training
Financial Assistance/ Scholarship
Prizes, Merit Scholarship and Merit-cum-Means Assistance
- The Institute awards Prizes, merit scholarships to the meritorious students
- Merit-cum-Means Assistance is granted to the economically weaker students
Concession in Registration fee
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST are required to pay only half the Registration fees
- Physically Handicapped Students are required to pay the Registration fee as follows:
- Foundation Programme: Rs.1500/-
- Executive Programme: Rs. 2000/-
- Professional Programme: Nil
ICSI Students Education Fund Trust
The Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India has revised the criteria of Financial Assistance to economically backward and academically bright students by providing total fee exemption through ICSI Students Education Fund Trust. The revised criteria will cater to larger nos. of prospective students / CS Students in providing financial assistance With a view to encourage and motivate economically backward and academically bright students to pursue the Company Secretaries Course, the Institute has created a Trust viz. ICSI Students Education Fund Trust.
The Students falling in the following revised criteria can avail the ICSI Students Education Fund Trust benefits for ICSI Foundation and Executive Programme:
|STAGE||CATEGORIES OF STUDENTS / ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
|Economically backward students with good academic records||Academically Bright Students|
|For Students with Family Income up to Rs.1,00,000 per annum||For Academically bright Students without any limit on their Family Income|
|Foundation Programme||Minimum 65% Marks ( or equivalent CGPA ) in both Matriculation ( Class X ) & Senior Secondary ( Class XII) Stages||Minimum 85% Marks (or equivalent CGPA ) in both Matriculation (Class X ) & Senior Secondary (Class XII) Stages|
|Executive Programme||Minimum 65% Marks ( or equivalent CGPA ) in both Matriculation ( Class X ) & Senior Secondary ( Class XII ) Stages and 60% Marks in Bachelors Degree Stage / or 65% marks in aggregate in CPT of ICAI / or 65% marks in aggregate in Foundation exam of ICAI-CMA||Minimum 85% Marks ) or equivalent CGPA ) in both Matriculation ( Class X ) & Senior Secondary ( Class XII) Stages and 70% Marks in Bachelors Degree Stage / or 75% marks in aggregate in CPT of ICAI / or 75% marks in aggregate in Foundation exam of ICAI-CMA|
Nature and Extent of Financial Assistance: Eligible students shall be fully exempted from paying the Registration / Admission Fee, Postal Tuition Fee, Exemption Fee and other fees usually payable at the time of admission to Foundation/ Executive Programmes.
Depending upon their performance in the CS Examinations, the students may also be exempted from payment of Examination Fee and also the fees payable at the time of admission to Executive Programme and Professional Programme (for students admitted to Foundation Programme) and Professional Programme (for students admitted to Executive Programme).
Please note that under all above mentioned provisions, student concerned is firstly required to make the full payment of the requisite fees and then submit his/her claim for refund in the prescribed application form. If found eligible, his/her fees will be refunded.
- Available at Headquarters/ Regional Councils/Chapters ·
- For C.S. Foundation Programme / CS Executive Programme
Cash Payment Rs. 200/- Or by Post / Courier – DD of Rs.250/- ·
- Demand Draft/Postal Order in favour of “The Institute of Company Secretaries of India” payable at New Delhi
Registration of students (Online at www.icsi.edu)
Online registration facility is available at Institutes student portal www.icsi.edu Students are advised to follow the instructions carefully. The fee can be remitted through Debit/Credit Cards /Net Banking facility.
After filling the particulars, making the payment of fees and uploading the scanned copies of desired documents, the system gives the Registration Number instantly.
On completion of registration as a student, the Registration Number will be intimated to the student through E-Mail and/or SMS. Students may also check the registration status at www.icsi.edu on the basis of Application Number, Mobile Number, E-mail Id, etc. Students can download the Registration Letter, Important Instructions, etc. through Institutes website www.icsi.edu by entering the Registration Number received through E-Mail/SMS.
Steps for Online Registration:
- Click the Online Services” button on top of the ICSI website (www.icsi.edu)
- Go to the Students tab and click on Student Registration
- Click onto the checklist of documents as applicable to students on the basis of their qualification,
- Now Click on Proceed to Registration
- Select the Course type as applicable viz. Foundation, Executive Programme etc.
- Fill other fields.
- Click on the option-Make Payment for effecting necessary payments. ( Payment is to be made either by credit/debit card /net banking or through bank challan system)
- After making payment students shall get user name & password at their registered e-mail ID / or Mobile No. for uploading their documents. Username of the student is Students Registration Number” which students get instantly after making payment.
- Students are further required to upload scanned copies of the documents in support of their qualifications in specified file formats by login at their respective accounts at My Account” option to get their registration process completed.
NOTE: Animated help to do online registration is also available on www.icsi.edu before student proceeds for online registration.
Before Proceeding to registration form please make sure that you are ready with the softcopy of the documents mentioned on this page.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- DOB Certificate (10th Pass Certificate)
- Roll Number (if appearing)
- Qualification Passed Certificate
- Category Certificate
- All the files should be present in one of the following formats (jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp).
- The maximum allowed file size is 5 MBs.
- File size of student photo should be between 20kb – 50kb.
- File Size of student signature should be between 10kb – 20kb.
ICSI – IGNOU Course
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (B.COM) WITH MAJOR IN CORPORATE AFFAIRS AND ADMINISTRATION
Eligibility for Admission:
(a) 10 + 2 or its equivalent ; and
(b) Registration in Company Secretaryship, Foundation Programme.
Students who have passed Company Secretaryship Intermediate/Executive Programme Course shall also be eligible for admission.
Medium of Instruction: English and Hindi.
Fee Structure: Rs. 4800/-
Programme Structure: This programme comprises of:
- 4 courses of Bachelor Degree Programme (BDP) programme of IGNOU,
- 4 courses of Foundation Programme of Company Secretaryship and
- 6 courses of Executive Programme of Company Secretaryship.
Duration of the Programme: Minimum 3 years and maximum 6 years
MASTER OF COMMERCE (M.COM) IN BUSINESS POLICY AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Eligibility for Admission:
(a) Graduate in any discipline or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/Institute.
(b) Passed in Company Secretaryship Executive Programme.
Candidates who have already passed the Company Secretaryship course shall also be eligible for admission.
Programme Structure: The programme consists of:
- 4 courses from the existing M.Com. programme offered by IGNOU
- 8 courses of Company Secretaryship Professional Programme offered by ICSI.
Medium of Instruction: English and Hindi.
Fee Structure: Rs. 6000/-
CS Course Details – Duration of the Programme: Minimum 2 years and a maximum period of 5 years.
Exemption from individual paper(s) of the Executive Programme Examination
A candidate shall be exempted from the following paper(s) of the Executive Programme examination if he/she possesses the qualification(s) specified against each paper, having secured 50% or more marks in the aggregate and applies for exemption on or before last date for enrolment for the examination paying requisite exemption fee which at present is ` 1,000/- per paper :
Industrial, Labour and General Laws: A Degree in Law (three years or five years integrated) from a recognised University/Institute either constituted under an Act of Parliament or approved by AICTE/AIU.
Cost and Management Accounting: M.A. (Corporate Secretaryship)/ M.Com./M.B.A. (with Advanced Accountancy as one of the subjects at B.Com/B.B.A./B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship) level and with full paper in Cost Accounting/Management Accounting/Financial Management at M.A. (Corporate Secretaryship)/M.Com./M.B.A. level having secured 50% marks in the subject concerned) from a recognised University/Institute either constituted under an Act of Parliament or approved by AICTE/AIU.
A candidate who has done Post Graduate Diploma in Management will be considered for exemption from the paper (CA & CMA) only if he/she submits documentary evidence from AICTE/AIU to the effect that PGDBM issued is equivalent to MBA.
Tax Laws and Practice: M.A./M.B.A. (Corporate Secretaryship) from a recognised University/Institute either constituted under an Act of Parliament or approved by AICTE/AIU.
Paperwise Exemption to Cost Accountants
A candidate who has passed the Final examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India, shall be exempted from the following papers of the Executive Programme examination on making an application together with attested copy of the Final Pass certificate and the requisite exemption fee @ ` 1,000/- per paper on or before the last date of submission of enrolment application for the examination:
1. Cost and Management Accounting (Module I, Paper 2)
2. Tax Laws and Practice (Module I, Paper 4)
3. Company Accounts and Auditing Practices (Module 2, Paper 5).
A candidate who has passed the Final examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India shall be exempted from the following papers of the Professional Programme examination on making an application in this behalf together with attested copy of the Final Examination Pass Certificate of Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI-CMA) and the requisite exemption fee @ ` 1,000/- per paper on or before the last date for submission of enrolment application for the examination :
- Advanced Company Law and Practice (Module 1, Paper 1).
- Financial, Treasury and Forex Management (Module 2, Paper 5).
- Advanced Tax Laws and Practice (Module 3, Paper 7).
For further Queries please call on:
011- 4534 1076 / 4534 1077CS Helpline: 011- 4150 4444
For further details please contact / write to
ICSI HEADQUARTERSICSI HOUSE, 22 Institutional Area,
Lodi Road, New Delhi 110 003
Tel: 011-4534 1000, 4150 4444 Fax: 24626727
Email: [email protected]Directorate of Students Service
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
C-37, Sector 62, NOIDA 201 301(U.P.),
Tel: 0120-4522 061 / 071 / 081,
E-Mail: [email protected]; [email protected]