List of Best CS Foundation Reference Books for 2018 and 2019 are provided below. Following list was prepared based on toppers and professors Interviews. In the previous interviews, CS Foundation toppers suggested various CS Foundation books and authors for CS Foundation exam preparation. You can check that list below. If you are searching for CS Foundation Best Recommended Books by Toppers, then you can find that answer here. The Institute of company secretaries of India (ICSI) has provided CS Foundation Study Material in PDF format. You can also download them.
Content in this Page
CS Foundation Reference Books 2018-19
Below we’ve provided some best reference books which are suggested by toppers and professors for the CS Foundation students for all the subject. Check out the reference books in subject-wise.
PAPER 1 : BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND LAW Reference Books
- M.C. Shukla – A Manual of Mercantile Laws; Sultan Chand & Company, New Delhi.
- N.D. Kapoor – Mercantile Law; Sultan Chand & Co., New Delhi.
- N.D. Kapoor & Dinkar Pagare – Business Laws and Management; Sultan Chand & Sons.
- M.C. Kuchhal – Mercantile Law; Vikas Publishing House, New Delhi.
- P. P. S. Gogna – A Textbook of Business Law; Sultan Chand & Company, New Delhi.
- Poonam Gandhi – Business Studies; Dhanpat Rai & Company Private Limited, Delhi.
- NCERT – Business Studies Text Book for Class 10+2
- D. Chandra Bose – Business Laws; PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Sen & Mitra Commercial Law; The World Press Pvt. Ltd., Calcutta.
- Ian Wirthington & Chris Britton – The Business Environment; Pearson Education Ltd., England.
- Raymond W.Y. Kao Entrepreneurship and Enterprises Development
PAPER 2 : BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, ETHICS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP Reference Books
- N.C. Jain, Saakhshi Management: Theory and Practice; A.I.T.B.S. Publishers, Delhi.
- J.P. Mahajan Management – Theory and Practice; Ane Books Pvt. Ltd., Daryaganj, New Delhi-26
- L.M. Prasad Principles and Practice of Management
- T. Ramasamy Principles of Management; Himalaya Publishing House
- M.C. Shukla Business Organisation & Management; Sultan Chand & Co., New Delhi.
- Y.K. Bhusan Fundamentals of Business Organisation & Management; Sultan Chand & Co., New Delhi.
- Singh & Chabra Business Organisation and Management; Kitab Mahal, Allahabad.
- J.S. Chandan Management: Concepts and Strategies; Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- George IT Milkovich Human Resource Management and Jahri W. Boudreau, Chicago
- LanBreadwell and Human Resource Management; Macmillan, New Delhi. Lan Holden
- C.S. Venkataratnam Personnel Management and Human Resources; Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi. and B. K. Srivastava
- K. Dayal Management Training in Organizations; Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi.
- Daryl Koehn The Ground of Professional Ethics
- Robert Almeder, Business Ethics – Revised Edition – Corporate Values and Society James Humber
- Robert E. Federick Companion to Business Ethics; Blackwell Publishers Limited, UK
- Ashok K. Nadhani Business Ethics and Business Communications; Taxmann Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- S. Balachandran, Ethics, Indian Ethos and Management; Shroff Publication. Raja, Nair
- Vikas Publishing Modern Grammar with Practical Exercises. House Pvt. Ltd.
- Rodney Huddleston English Grammar – An Outline; Low Price Editions, Cambridge University Press.
- G.S. Mudambadithaya English Grammar and Composition; Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
- K. K. Sinha Business Communication Galgotia Publishing Company Ltd.
- Varinder Kumar Business Communication &organisation management. and Bodh Raj
- R.S.N. Pillai Commercial Correspondence and Office Management; S. Chand & Company and Bagavathi
PAPER 3 : BUSINESS ECONOMICS Recommended Books
- H. L. Bhatia Micro Economic Theory; Modern Publisher, Gulab Bhawan, 6, Bahadurshah Zafar
Marg, New Delhi.
- M.L. Jhingan Micro Economic Theory; Konark Publishers Pvt. Ltd., A-149, Vikas Marg,
Shakarpur, New Delhi-110 092.
- S. K. Agarwala Economic System and Micro Economic Theory; Galgotia Publishing Company,
6A/4, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
- D.D. Chaturvedi Macro Economic – Analysis and Policy; Galgotia Publishing Company, 6A/4, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
- D.M. Mithani Macro Economics; Himalaya Publishing House.
- D.M. Mithani Money Banking, International Trade and Public Finance; Himalaya Publishing House, Ramdoot, Dr. Bhalerao Marg, Girgaon, Bombay-400 004.
- Ruddar Datt & K.P.M. Sundaram – Indian Economy; S. Chand & Company Ltd., Ram Nagar, New Delhi.
- S. P. Gupta, P. K. Gupta & Man Mohan – Quantitative Techniques; Sultan Chand & Sons, 23, Daryaganj, New Delhi.
- R. S. Bhardwaj Business Statistics, Excle Books, A-45, Narayana Phase-I, New Delhi
- A. K. Agarwal & Sahib Singh – Fundamental of Statistics; Frank Sons, Daryaganj, New Delhi.
- R. S. N. Pillai & V. Bagarathi – Statistics; S. Chand & Company Ltd. New Delhi.
- S. Saha Business Statistics, New Central Book Agency, Kolkata
- B. M. Agarwal Quantitative Techniques, Sultan Chand & Songs Pvt. Ltd., Daryaganj, New Delhi.
- Pindyck and Rubinfeld Microeconomics; Pearson Education.
- Suraj B. Gupta Monetary Economics; Sultan Chand & Sons Pvt. Ltd.
- Samuelson & William D. Nordhans – Economics; McGraw Hills.
- P. N. Chopra Advanced Economics Theory; Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi.
- M. Maria John Kennedy Advanced Micro Economic Theory; Himalaya Publishing House, Delhi.
PAPER 4 : FUNDAMENTAL OF ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING Suggested Books
- M. C. Shukla, T. S. Grewal & S. C. Gupta – Advanced Accounts Vol. I, S. Chand & Company Ltd., Ram Nagar, New Delhi-55.
- R. L. Gupta & V. K. Gupta – Financial Accounting, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi – 2.
- J. R. Monga Financial Accounting – Concepts & Applications; Mayoor Paperbacks, A-95, Sector 5, Noida (U.P.)
- S. N. Maheshwari & Advanced Accounting, Volume I; Vikas Publishing House (Pvt.) Ltd., Jangpura,
S. K. Maheshwari New Delhi-14.
- S. P. Jain & Advanced Accounting, Volume I; Kalyani Publishers, Daryaganj, New Delhi – 2.
K. L. Narang
- Ashok Sehgal & Deepak Sehgal – Advanced Accounting (Financial Accounting); Taxmann’s, New Delhi.
- Aruna Jha Student’s Guide to Auditing & Assurance, Taxmann Publications Pvt. Ltd., New
Rohtak Road, New Delhi.
- S. D. Sharma Auditing Principles & Practice, Taxmann Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Rohtak Road,
- Anand G. Srinivasan Auditing, Taxmann Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Rohtak Road, New Delhi.
- S. Sundharababu, A Handbook of Practice Auditing, S. Chand, S. Sundharsanam, B.N. Tondon &
Company, New Delhi
- A K Nadhani & K K Nadhani – Real Accounting Software:Link With Tally, BPB Publication
- 1. T. P. Ghosh, A. Banerjee & K.M. Bansal – Principles and Practice of Accounting, Galgotia Publishing Company, New Delhi-5.
- P. C. Tulsian Financial Accounting, Sultan Chand & Company, New Delhi.
- R. Narayanaswamy Financial Accounting – A Managerial Prospective; PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Ashish K. Bhattacharyya Essentials of Financial Accounting; PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
If you ask us, “What is the best way to prepare for CS foundation course? What books are required? and share me List of Best CS Foundation Reference Books” then
We can say ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) which runs CS program focus is on make you fully aware of basics and then gradually specializing you in each field. Their courses are also drafted in a very pragmatic and careful manner. We feel that study material provided by them is more than sufficient. Now a days, new CS books are very interactive which has colourful pages, sketches etc. You should stick to the same. If you will refer other books you may get confused. CS Foundation Study Materials provided by ICSI are sufficient to prepare CS Foundation exam. or choose any 1 or 2 books from above list.