List of Sections in THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955 – Latest Hindu Marriage Laws & Rules
Sections in THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955 : An act to amend and codify the law relating to marriage among Hindus is known as “The Hindu marriage Act” which is amended in 1955. This is an important Act related to Hindus in India. In this article, we’ve provided the list of Sections in THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955 with state amendments. You can also download the List of Sections in THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955 in pdf format. There are 30 sections in The Hindu Marriage Act 1955 which includes various topics about Hindu Marriages, Conditions, Registration, Restitution, Divorces, Custody of children, Disposal of property and other marriage related doubts.
Content in this Page
List of Sections in THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955
Following are the sections in The Hindu Marriage Act 1955. It enacted by Parliament in the Sixth Year of the Republic of India as follows :
- Section 1 to Section 4 – Preliminary
- Section 5 to Section 8 – Hindu Marriages
- Section 9 & Section 10 – Restitution of Conjugal Rights & Judicial Separation
- Section 11 to Section 18 – NULLITY OF MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE
- Section 19 to Section 28 – JURISDICTION AND PROCEDURE
- Section 29 & Section 30 – SAVINGS AND REPEALS
Sections in The Hindu Marriage Act 2017 – Latest Rules
|List of Sections in The Hindu Marriage Act 1955|
Sections related to Hindu Marriage Act Definitions, Introduction
- Section 1 : Short title and extent.
- Section 2 : Application of Act.
- Section 3 : Definitions.
- Section 4 : Overriding effect of Act.
Sections related to Registration of Hindu Marriage Act
- Section 5 : Conditions for a Hindu marriage.
- Section 6 : [Omitted.]
- Section 7 : Ceremonies for a Hindu marriage.
- Section 8 : Registration of Hindu marriages.
RESTITUTION OF CONJUGAL RIGHTS AND JUDICIAL SEPARATION
- Section 9 : Restitution of conjugal right.
- Section 10 : Judicial separation.
NULLITY OF MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE
- Section 11 : Void marriages.
- Section 12 : Voidable marriages.
- Section 13 : Divorce.
- 13A. Alternate relief in divorce proceedings.
- 13B. Divorce by mutual consent.
- Section 14 : No petition for divorce to be presented within one year of marriage.
- Section 15 : Divorced persons when may marry again.
- Section 16 : Legitimacy of children of void and voidable marriages.
- Section 17 : Punishment of bigamy.
- Section 18 : Punishment for contravention of certain other conditions for a Hindu wedding.
Sections related to Jurisdiction & Procedures
- Section 19 : Court to which petition shall be presented.
- Section 20 : Contents and verification of petitions.
- Section 21 : Application of Act 5 of 1908.
- 21A. Power to transfer petitions in certain cases.
- 21B. Special provision about trial and disposal of petitions beneath the Act.
- 21C. Documentary evidence.
- Section 22 : Proceedings to be in camera (Privately) and may not be printed or published.
- Section 23 : Decree in proceedings.
- 23A. Relief for respondent in divorce and other proceedings.
- Section 24 : Maintenance pendente lite and expenses of proceedings.
- Section 25 : Permanent alimony and maintenance.
- Section 26 : Custody of children.
- Section 27 : Disposal of property.
- Section 28 : Appeals from decrees and orders.
- 28A. Enforcement of decrees and orders.
SAVINGS AND REPEALS SECTIONS
- Section 29 : Savings.
- Section 30 : [Repealed.]
Buy The Hindu Marriage Act 1955 Books Online in Amazon.in
Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /srv/users/finupdates/apps/finupdates/public/wp-content/plugins/aawp/includes/aawp/class.aawp-functions.php on line 1151
Share this article “List of Sections in The Hindu Marriage Act 1955” to others who are searching for the Hindu Marriage Act Laws & Rules. Have any doubts and queries regarding any section / rule / law of Hindu Marriage Act, just ask them at TaxDeductions.in Forum Section.