Mamata Banerjee Net Worth 2019 – Lifestyle, Career, Assets, Salary (Check Now)
Check out the Mamata Banerjee Net Worth 2019. If you are curious to know about Mamata Banerjee Lifestyle, Career, Salary, Net worth & Assets, then you are on the right page. In the previous article, we have given complete details of Shatrughan Sinha Net Worth. Today, in this article we are providing Mamata Banerjee Net Worth details. Mamata Banerjee is an Indian politician and also the 8th & current Chief Minister of West Bengal.
Through this article, we are going to provide the details of Mamata Banerjee Net Worth, Education, Income, Political Career, Personal Life, Properties, Salary, etc. Continue reading this article to get complete information on Mamata Banerjee – Net Worth, Lifestyle, Career, Assets, Salary.
Content in this Page
|Full Name||Mamata Banerjee|
|Born||5th January 1955|
(Kolkata, West Bengal, India)
|Political Party||All India Trinamool Congress|
|Name of the Position||The chief minister of West Bengal|
Brother – Babun Banerjee
Brother – Amit Banerjee
Brother – Ajit Banerjee
Brother – Samir Banerjee
Brother – Ganesh Banerjee
Brother – Kali Banerjee
|Residence||Kalighat, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Mamata Banerjee Networth||Rs. 30.45 lakh|
Biography & Education
Banerjee was born in Kolkata, West Bengal to Promileswar Banerjee & shrimati Gayetri Devi on 5th June 1955. In 1970, Banerjee completed her schooling from Deshbandhu Sishu Sikshalay. When she was 17, her father died due to a lack of medical treatment. Banerjee is a self-taught painter and a poet. Her 300 paintings were sold for ₹9crore.
She completed her Bachelor’s in History from the Jogamaya Devi College, earned her Master’s degree in Islamic history from the University of Calcutta, the Degree in Education from the Shri Shikshayatan College, Law degree from the Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College, Kolkata. She also received an honorary Doctorate from the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar. She was also honoured with a Doctorate of Literature (D.Litt.) degree by the Calcutta University.
- In the 1970s, Banerjee began her political career in the Congress party as a young woman.
- She became the general secretary of Mahila Congress (1976 to 1980) in West Bengal.
- In 1984 general elections, she became one of India’s youngest parliamentarians ever in West Bengal & also became the General Secretary of the All India Youth Congress.
- In 1989, Banerjee lost her seat in an anti-Congress wave.
- In the 1991 general elections, She was re-elected & settled into the Calcutta South constituency.
- In 1991, She was appointed as the Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development, Youth Affairs & Sports, and Women & Child Development by prime minister P. V. Narasimha Rao.
- In 1997, Banerjee left the Congress Party in West Bengal & became one of the founding members of the All India Trinamool Congress along with Mukul Roy.
- On 11 December 1998, she controversially held a Samajwadi Party MP, Daroga Prasad Saroj, by the collar & dragged him out of the well of the Lok Sabha to prevent him from protesting against the Women’s Reservation Bill.
- In 2002, Banerjee presented her first Railway Budget.
- In early 2001, Banerjee walked out of the NDA cabinet & allied with the Congress Party, to protest the corruption charges levelled by the website against senior ministers of the government.
- In January 2004, She returned to the NDA government and held the Coal & Mines portfolios till the Indian general election of 20 May 2004.
- On 4 August 2006, She hurled her resignation papers at the deputy speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal in Lok Sabha.
- In November 2006, She was forcibly stopped on her way to Singur for a rally against a proposed Tata Motors car project.
- In 2009, Mamata Banerjee became the railway minister for the 2nd time. Her focus was again on West Bengal.
- In 2011, the All India Trinamool Congress along with SUCI and the Indian National Congress won the West Bengal legislative assembly election against the incumbent Left Alliance by securing 227 seats.
- On 16 February 2012, Bill Gates, of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, sent a letter to the W.B. govt. praising Banerjee & her administration for achieving a full year without any reported cases of polio.
- In 2016, All India Trinamool Congress won the elections with a landslide two-thirds majority under Mamata Banerjee winning 211 seats out of total 293, who has been elected as Chief Minister West Bengal for the second term.
Mamata Banerjee Net Worth 2019, Salary & Assets
The Net Worth of Mamata Banerjee is Rs. 30.45 lakh in 2019. The total assets of Mamata Banerjee were mentioned below:
|Cash in hand||Rs.18,436/-|
|Jewellery||9.75-gram jewellery worth Rs. 38000/- in the market.|
|Bank Balance||Rs. 27.6 lakh|
|Vehicles||She does not own any vehicle but has a multi-gym machine worth Rs. 2.15 lakh|
|Land||She does not own any land or property|
|Total||Rs. 30.45 lakh|
Some Interesting Facts About Mamata Banerjee
- Banerjee is Health-conscious, She is a picky eater and avoids oily & spicy food.
- Banerjee walks 5-6 km on her treadmill every day to stay fit.
- Banerjee’s preferred outfit is a white cotton saree with a narrow mono-coloured border.
- Banerjee also loves nature. She visits the Himalayan foothills & the forests of Medinipur whenever she gets time. She loves nature photography as well.
- Banerjee loves music. She introduced Rabindra Sangeet, songs of Tagore, at traffic lights in Kolkata.
- She also loves songs & poems by the legendary poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
- She has authored several volumes of poetry, essays, and novels.
- She is also a painter and successfully sold her paintings.
Contact Details of Mamata Banerjee
- Twitter account – Mamata Banerjee @MamataOfficial
- Facebook Account – Mamata Banerjee @MamataBanerjeeOfficial
Hope through this article, you can get the details of Mamata Banerjee Net Worth 2019 – Lifestyle, Family, Education, Source of Income, Career, Assets, Salary. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.