Sonia Gandhi Net Worth 2019 – Lifestyle, Salary, Annual Income, Properties
Check out the Sonia Gandhi Net Worth 2019. If you are curious to know about Sonia Gandhi Lifestyle, Biography, Salary, Annual Income, Properties, then you are on the right page. In the previous article, we have given complete details of A P J Abdul Kalam Net Worth. Today, in this article we are providing Sonia Gandhi Net Worth details. Sonia Gandhi is an Indian politician & is the President of (INC) Indian National Congress.
Through this article, we are going to provide the details of Sonia Gandhi Net Worth, Education, Biography, Income, Political Career, Personal Life, Properties, Salary, etc. Continue reading this article to get complete information on Sonia Gandhi – Net Worth, Lifestyle, Salary, Annual Income, Properties.
Content in this Page
Sonia Gandhi Details
|Full Name||Sonia Maino|
|Born||9 December 1946|
(Lusiana, Veneto, Italy)
|Political Party||Indian National Congress|
|Name of the Position||President of the Indian National Congress|
Son – Rahul Gandhi
Daughter – Priyanka Gandhi
|Residence||10 Janpath, New Delhi|
|Citizenship||Italy (1946 – 1983)|
India (1983 – Present)
|Sonia Gandhi Networth||USD 2 Billion|
Sonia Maino was born on 9 December 1946 to Stefano and Paola Maino in Lusiana, Veneto, Italy. Sonia spent her adolescence in Orbassano, a town near Turin & was raised in a traditional Roman Catholic Christian family. Her father was a building mason established small construction business in Orbassano. He had fought against the Soviet military alongside Hitler’s Wehrmacht on the eastern front in World War II. Stefano had named Sonia & her elder sister Nadia in the memory of the Italian participation in the Eastern Front. Her father died in 1983. Sonia Gandhi has two sisters who still reside in Orbassano along with their mother.
Gandhi completed her schooling at the age of 13; her final report card read: “intelligent, diligent, committed would succeed well at the high school for teachers”. She aspired to become a flight attendant. In 1964, Sonia went to study English at the Bell Educational Trust’s language school in the city of Cambridge. In 1965, She joined Trinity college at the University of Cambridge for an Engineering Degree.
Personal Life & Family
In 1965, She met Rajiv Gandhi at the Varsity Restaurant, where she was working as a part-time waitress, while he was enrolled for an engineering degree at the Trinity College at the University of Cambridge. The couple married in 1968, in a Hindu ceremony, following which she moved into the house of her mother-in-law & then Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi.
The couple had two children, Rahul Gandhi, and Priyanka Gandhi. Rajiv worked as an airline pilot & Sonia took care of her family. When Rajiv Gandhi entered politics in 1982 after the death of his younger brother Sanjay Gandhi in a plane crash on 23 June 1980. At that time, Italian nationality law did not permit dual nationality until 1992. So, by acquiring Indian citizenship, she would automatically have lost Italian citizenship.
- Sonia Gandhi’s involvement in politics began after the assassination of her mother-in-law and her husband’s election as prime minister.
- In 1984, she actively campaigned against Maneka Gandhi (her husband’s sister-in-law) who was running against Rajiv in Amethi.
- After Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in 1991 & Sonia Gandhi refused to become Prime Minister, the party settled on the choice of P. V. Narasimha Rao who became the leader & subsequently Prime Minister.
- In the 1996 elections, Congress fortunes continued to dwindle and it lost.
- Sonia Gandhi joined the Congress Party as a primary member of the Calcutta Plenary Session in 1997 and became a party leader in 1998.
- In 1999, She contested Lok Sabha elections from Bellary, Karnataka and Amethi, Uttar Pradesh. She won both seats but chose to represent Amethi.
- In 1999, She was elected the Leader of the Opposition of the 13th Lok Sabha.
- In the 2004 general elections, Gandhi launched a nationwide campaign, crisscrossing the country on the Aam Aadmi slogan in contrast to the ‘India Shining’ slogan of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) alliance.
- On 23 March 2006, Gandhi announced her resignation from the Lok Sabha & also as chairperson of the National Advisory Council under the office-of-profit controversy and the speculation that the govt. was planning to exempt the post of chairperson of National Advisory Council from the purview of office of profit.
- In 2013, Sonia Gandhi became the 1st person to serve as Congress President for 15 years consecutively.
- In the 2014 general election, she held her seat in Rae Bareli.
- On 16 December 2017, Rahul took over as the 49th Congress president.
- Gandhi returned to active politics for Indian National Congress’ campaign for the 2018 Karnataka Legislative Assembly election.
Sonia Gandhi Net Worth 2019, Source of Income & Properties
The Networth of Sonia Gandhi is USD 2 Billion. The total assets of Sonia Gandhi are Mentioned below:
|Cash in hand||Rs. 65,000/-|
|Bank Deposits||Rs 16.6 lakh|
|Equity Shares & Mutual Funds||Rs. 29.5 Lakhs|
|Postal Savings & Insurance||Rs. 80.25 lakh|
|Land||Rs. 7.52 crore|
|Movable Assets||Rs. 4.29 Crore|
Honors & Recognitions
- In 2007, she had been named the third most powerful woman in the world by the same magazine and was ranked 6th in an exclusive list in 2007
- In 2013, Sonia Gandhi was ranked 21st among the world’s most powerful and 9th most powerful women by Forbes Magazine.
- In 2010, She ranked as the 9th most powerful person on the planet by Forbes magazine. In 2012, she was ranked 12 in Forbes’ powerful people list.
- Sonia was also named among the Time The world’s 100 most influential people for the years 2007 & 2008.
- New Statesman listed her at number 29 in their annual survey of “The World’s 50 Most Influential Figures” in the year 2010.
- In 2008, She got Honorary Doctorate (Literature) by the University of Madras.
- In 2006 – Order of King Leopold by the government of Belgium and the Honorary Doctorate by Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Brussels University).
Contact Details of Sonia Gandhi
- Facebook Account – Indian National Congress @IndianNationalCongress
- Twitter Account – Congress (@INCIndia)
Hope through this article, you can get the details of Sonia Gandhi Net Worth 2019 – Biography, Family, Salary, Annual Income, Properties. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.