Sushma Swaraj Net Worth 2019 – Career, Salary, Source of Income, Properties (Check Now)
Check out Sushma Swaraj Net Worth 2019. Are you curious to know about the Career, Salary, Income and Properties of Sushma Swaraj? Now you’re at the right place. In the previous article, we have given complete details of Smriti Irani Net Worth. Today, in this article we are providing Sushma Swaraj Net Worth details. Sushma Swaraj is an Indian Politician, member of Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) and served as a Minister of External Affairs.
Through this article, we are going to provide the details of Sushma Swaraj Net Worth 2019 – Career, Salary, Source of Income, Properties. Want to know more information about this Politician? Continue reading the below article to know about Sushma Swaraj Net Worth, Political Career, Income, etc.
Content in this Page
Sushma Swaraj Details
|Full Name||Sushma Swaraj|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Name of the Position||Minister of External Affairs|
|Born on||14 February 1952|
Daughter – Bansuri Swaraj
|Sushma Swaraj Net Worth||17.55 crores (as in 2014)|
|Died on||6 August 2019|
Personal Life and Education
Sushma Swaraj was born on 14 February 1952 in Haryana to Haradev Sharma and Shrimati Laxmi Devi. Her father was a member of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). Her parents are from Dharampura area of Lahore, Pakistan. She did her Graduation in Sanskrit and Political Science. Swaraj studied law at Punjab University.
She has won the Hindi Speaker award for three consecutive years at State Level Competition.
She married Kaushal Swaraj on 13th July 1975. Her husband was a senior Advocate in Supreme Court of India and also served as a Governor of Mizoram from 1990 – 1993. He was a member of Parliament from 1998 – 2004.
- Swaraj started her political career with the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in 1970. After the emergency, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Later, she became a national leader of the BJP.
- She was a member of the Haryana Legislative Assembly from 1977 to 1982.
- In July 1977, she was the Cabinet Minister in the Janata Party Government headed by the then Harayana Chief Minister, Chaudhary Devi Lal.
- She was appointed as the State President of the Janata Party (Haryana) in 1979 when she was only 27 years old.
- She was the Education Minister of Haryana in the BJP–Lok Dal coalition government from 1987 to 1990.
- In April 1990, she was elected as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- In 1996, she was appointed as the Union Cabinet Minister for Information and Broadcasting during the 13-day government of PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- In 1998, she became the first woman Chief Minister of Delhi.
- In 1999, she became the Union Cabinet Minister for Information and Broadcasting with the additional charge of the Ministry of Telecommunications from 19 March 1998 to 12 October 1998.
- She was the Union Cabinet Minister for Information and Broadcasting, a position she held from September 2000 to January 2003.
- She was appointed as the Minister of Health, Family Welfare and Parliamentary Affairs from January 2003 to May 2004.
- She served as the Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha until April 2009.
- She won the 2009 General Elections election from the Vidisha Lok Sabha constituency in Madhya Pradesh. She had the highest winning margin of over 4,00,000 votes. Sushma Swaraj became the Leader of Opposition in the 15th Lok Sabha.
- Swaraj served as the Minister of External Affairs in Narendra Modi’s Cabinet from May 2014 to May 2019.
- In 2019, she quit politics to recover from her kidney transplant and had also stated that due to her health.
Sushma Swaraj Net Worth, Source of Income and Properties
Swaraj’s Net Worth is Rs 17.55 crore. Her assets and properties are mentioned below :
|Cash in Hand||Rs 33,285|
|Bank Deposits||Rs 1.01 crores|
|Jewellery||987 grams of Gold & 5500 grams Silver worth Rs 24.45 Lacs|
|Agricultural Land||At Palwal, Haryana worth Rs 93 Lacs|
|Residential Building||Flat in New Delhi worth Rs 1.80 crores|
|Total Net Worth||Rs 17.55 crore|
Her Likes and Interests
|Favourite Food||Golgappe, Kachori, and Aloo Paratha|
|Favourite Politicians||George Fernandes, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Hobbies||Performing Fine Arts, Writing Poetry, Singing|
Awards and Honours
- Best Speaker Award in Haryana Assembly
- Only female MP to receive the Outstanding Parliamentarian Award.
- On 24th July 2017, US-based newspaper termed Sushma Swaraj as Most Loved Politician.
- On 19th Feb 2019, Spanish Government honoured her with the “Grand Cross of Order of Civil Merit” for her help and support during the Nepal earthquake in 2015.
On 10 December 2016, she underwent a kidney transplant at AIIMS, Delhi with the organ being harvested from a living unrelated donor. The surgery was successful.
On 6 August 2019, Sushma Swaraj reportedly suffered a heart attack in the evening after which she was rushed to AIIMS New Delhi, where she later died of a cardiac arrest.
Hope through this article, you can get the details of Sushma Swaraj Net Worth 2019 – Career, Salary, Source of Income, Properties. Share this article with your friends. Subscribe to our website Finupdates to get the latest updates of PMs, President, CA, Finance, other sectors related information.