The Information Technology Act 2000 pdf book is free and available for everyone to download as a pdf. People who are searching for the book सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी अधिनियम 2000 can find here. In this article we have provided all the reference books, authors and topics and contents about the Book The Information Technology Act 2000. Also given links to Download The Information Technology Act 2000 book pdf in this web portal.
- The Prevention of Money-Laundering Act, 2002 free pdf download
- Download the Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005 pdf
Content in this Page
Download The Information Technology Act 2000 pdf book
Download the book The Information Technology Act 2000 pdf book in legislative department websites and in other web portals. It is an Act of the Indian Parliament notified on 17 October 2000. It is the primary law in India dealing with cyber crime and electronic commerce. It is based on the United Nations Model Law on Electronic Commerce 1996 recommended by the General Assembly of United Nations. Please click the below given links and know more about the topic.
|information technology act 2000 pdf||Download|
|information technology act 2000 notes||Download|
|information technology act 2000 ppt||Download|
The Information Technology Act 2000 books
The Information Technology Act to provide legal recognition for transactions carried out by means of electronic data interchange and other means of electronic communication, commonly referred to as “electronic commerce”, which involve the use of alternatives to paper-based methods of communication and storage of information, to editing electronic filing of documents with the Government agencies and further to amend the Indian Penal Code, the Indian Evidence Act, 1872, the Bankers’ Books Evidence Act, 1891 and the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 and favour matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. Here we have given some important books for the book The Information Technology Act, 2000.
|Sl. No||Book Name||Author||Publication|
|1.||The Information Technology Act, 2000||Asian law||Asian Law House|
|2.||The Information Technology Act, 2000||Professional||Professional Book Publishers|
|3.||Information Technology Act, 2000 Along with Rules & Regulations||Universal’s||Universal Law Publishers|
|4.||Commentary on the Information Technology Act||Bhansali S.R.||Universal Law Publishers|
|5.||Lectures on Cyber Laws [Information Technology Act, 2000]||L. Padmavati||Asian Law House|
The Information Technology Act 2000 book is applicable for
- Legal Advisers
- B.B.A LLB
- Legal Individuals
- B.A LLB
Sections in The Information Technology Act 2000
CHAPTER I – PRELIMINARY
- Short title, extent, commencement and application.
CHAPTER II – DIGITAL SIGNATURE AND ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE
- Authentication of electronic records.
3 A. Electronic signature.
CHAPTER III – ELECTRONIC GOVERNANCE
- Legal recognition of electronic records.
- Legal recognition of electronic signatures.
- Use of electronic records and electronic signatures in Government and its agencies.
6 A. Delivery of services by service provider.
- Retention of electronic records.
7A. Audit of documents, etc., maintained in electronic form.
- Publication of rule, regulation, etc., in Electronic Gazette.
- Sections 6, 7 and 8 not to confer right to insist document should be accepted in electronic form.
- Power to make rules by Central Government in respect of electronic signature.
10A. Validity of contracts formed through electronic means.
CHAPTER IV – ATTRIBUTION, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND DESPATCH OF ELECTRONIC RECORDS
- Attribution of electronic records.
- Acknowledgment of receipt.
- Time and place of dispatch and receipt of electronic record.
CHAPTER V – SECURE ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND SECURE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE
- Secure electronic record.
- Secure electronic signature.
- Security procedures and practices.
CHAPTER VI – REGULATION OF CERTIFYING AUTHORITIES
- Appointment of Controller and other officers.
- Functions of Controller.
- Recognition of foreign Certifying Authorities.
- Licence to issue electronic signature Certificates.
- Application for licence.
- Renewal of licence.
- Procedure for grant or rejection of licence.
- Suspension of licence.
- Notice of suspension or revocation of licence.
- Power to delegate.
- Power to investigate contraventions.
- Access to computers and data.
- Certifying Authority to follow certain procedures.
- Certifying Authority to ensure compliance of the Act, etc.
- Display of licence.
- Surrender of licence.
CHAPTER VII – ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE CERTIFICATES
- Certifying authority to issue electronic signature Certificate.
- Representations upon issuance of Digital signature Certificate.
- Suspension of Digital Signature Certificate.
- Revocation of Digital Signature Certificate.
- Notice of suspension or revocation.
CHAPTER VIII – DUTIES OF SUBSCRIBERS
- Generating key pair.
40 A. Duties of subscriber of Electronic Signature Certificate.
- Acceptance of Digital Signature Certificate.
- Control of private key.
CHAPTER IX -PENALTIES, COMPENSATION AND ADJUDICATION
- Penalty and compensation for damage to computer, computer system, etc.
43 A. Compensation for failure to protect data.
- Penalty for failure to furnish information, return, etc.
- Residuary penalty.
- Power to adjudicate.
- Factors to be taken into account by the adjudicating officer.
CHAPTER X – THE APPELLATE TRIBUNAL
- Appellate Tribunal.
52 A. [Omitted.]
52 B. [Omitted.]
52 C. [Omitted.]
52 D. Decision by majority.
- Orders constituting Appellate Tribunal to be final and not to invalidate its proceedings.
- Appeal to Appellate Tribunal.
- Procedure and powers of the Appellate Tribunal.
- Right to legal representation.
- Civil court not to have jurisdiction.
- Appeal to High Court.
- Compounding of contraventions.
- Recovery of penalty or compensation.
CHAPTER XI – OFFENCES
- Tampering with computer source documents.
- Computer related offences.
66A. Punishment for sending offensive messages through communication service, etc.
66B. Punishment for dishonestly receiving stolen computer resource or communication device.
66C. Punishment for identity theft.
66D. Punishment for cheating by personation by using computer resource.
66E. Punishment for violation of privacy.
66F. Punishment for cyber terrorism.
- Punishment for publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form.
67A. Punishment for publishing or transmitting of material containing sexually explicit act, etc., in electronic form.
67B. Punishment for publishing or transmitting of material depicting children in sexually explicit act,
etc., in electronic form.
67C. Preservation and retention of information by intermediaries.
- Power of Controller to give directions.
- Power to issue directions for interception or monitoring or decryption of any information through any computer resources.
69A. Power to issue directions for blocking for public access of any information through any computer resource.
69B. Power to authorize to monitor and collect traffic data or information through any computer resource for cyber security.
- Protected system.
70A. National nodal agency.
70B. Indian Computer Emergency Response Team to serve as national agency for incident response.
- Penalty for misrepresentation.
- Penalty for Breach of confidentiality and privacy.
72A. Punishment for disclosure of information in breach of lawful contract.
- Penalty for publishing electronic signature Certificate false in certain particulars.
- Publication for fraudulent purpose.
- Act to apply for offence or contravention committed outside India.
- Compensation, penalties or confiscation not to interfere with other punishment.
77A. Compounding of offences.
77B. Offences with three years’ imprisonment to be bailable.
- Power to investigate offences.
CHAPTER XII – INTERMEDIARIES NOT TO BE LIABLE IN CERTAIN CASES
- Exemption from liability of intermediary in certain cases.
CHAPTER XIIA – EXAMINER OF ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE
79A. Central Government to notify Examiner of Electronic Evidence.
CHAPTER XIII – MISCELLANEOUS
- Power of police officer and other officers to enter, search, etc.
- Act to have overriding effect.
81A. Application of the Act to electronic cheque and truncated cheque.
- Controller, Deputy Controller and Assistant Controller to be public servants.
- Power to give directions.
- Protection of action taken in good faith.
84A. Modes or methods for encryption.
84B. Punishment for abetment of offences.
84C. Punishment for attempt to commit offences.
- Offences by companies.
- Removal of difficulties.
- Power of Central Government to make rules.
- Constitution of Advisory Committee.
- Power of Controller to make regulations.
- Power of State government to make rules.
List of Reference books on The Information Technology Act 2000
In this we have given some reference books for The Information Technology Act 2000. Download The Information Technology Act, 2000 book pdf links provided in second paragraph. The following list is arranged in sequence for convenience – Name of the book, Author, Edition, Publication etc.
- Information Technology Act, 2000 Along with Rules & Regulations – Universal Law Publishers
- Commentary on the Information Technology Act – Bhansali S.R. – Universal Law Publishers
- Lectures on Cyber Laws [Information Technology Act, 2000] – L. Padmavati – Asian Law House
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Asian Law House
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Professional Book Publishers.
Buy The Information Technology Act, 2000 books in amazon.in
- Asia Law House
- Asia Law House
- Edition no. 7th (01/01/1970)
- Editorial Board of Professional Book Publishers
- Professional Book Publishers
- Edition no. First (01/01/1970)
- Government of India
- universal law publishers
- Bhansali S.R.
- Universal Law Publishing - An imprint of LexisNexis
- Edition no. 2015 (01/01/1970)
- Hardcover: 711 pages
- L. Padmavati
- Asia Law House
- Edition no. 1ST (01/01/1970)
In this article we have provided all the information about The Information Technology Act 2000 books and pdf’s. Interested professional’s who are searching for the book can Download The Information Technology Act 2000 textbook pdf in this site. Please check all the reference books given for this book.